Translate

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Movements



Yes, yes, I know. Some of us (I'm certainly one) are attracted to the Facebook wisdom - meme-ish, nicely framed quotable quotes. How I love them. The soul purpose of these wisdom bytes is to resonate with the reader.

I hold an endless stream of wonders, hampster -wheeling in my mind most of the time. The really potent ones touch me. Those take me to meditation or prayer, often in the form of journaling. This leads me to plan: how can this moment of clarity, this fragile human understanding, translate into action. If this epiphany large or small remains static, it defeats the gift of awareness. Being (as noted in the prompt above) should motivate Doing.

Henri Nouwen describes spiritual formation this way:

"... it is not about steps or stages on the way to perfection. It's about the movements from the mind to the heart through prayer in its many forms that reunite us with God, each other and our truest selves."

Movements. Yes. Like rivers and wind, like the build-blocks of a symphony, like the way our blood courses through our bodies, keeping us alive. So does a spiritual truth, mind to heart to action: the shaping of a plan for engaging this truth with a community.

This is the Action of Being!



No comments:

Post a Comment