Translate

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Share the Love

Compassionate Colleen

On our way home from DC. We stopped at St. Patrick's, a little church in West Virginia. It was Maundy Thursday. The Priest says to the congregation before the service began, "we need two things to thrive in life."  I think food & water. He says, "to be loved, and to love."

I was actually blown away. He walked away from the pulpit. We sat with this for about 5mins , then the service began. It was SO not like a typical catholic service. The mass went on. He washed our feet. As he was doing so, I bent down and whispered in his ear, "I Love You." I had to repeat it.

I'm 52, raised Catholic - I've never told a priest I loved him, or even thought about it. He was loving me by washing my feet, as Jesus did. I had to tell him what my little voice was screaming.

In order for me to feel love, I need to give love. That Holy Thursday, I felt so much Love & Compassion. For Jesus, for this Priest...my Easter was made more passionate for this awesome experience.

Share the Love,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment