Translate

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Triptych

Sacramental Dinner (Carol McCarthy)


Last night I had dinner with friends.  It was more like communion followed by the cool, healing waters of baptism by laughter.  These two women carried me with compassion during a time when I could barely think.  They let me "be" during that time, asking nothing in return.  I learned compassion from them by their awesome quiet example.

Giving and taking are tricky business.  There are times in our lives when we are givers and times when circumstances require us to be takers.  No one wants to be a taker.  What makes it all work in balance is receiving. Receiving God's love and receiving God's love through others.  I'm so lucky to know these beautiful souls and to share a carefree evening with them.
************
                                                       Ouch (Colleen Penquite)

Can I demonstrate compassion if I don't get my way? 
Wow, I've had a nudge - could that really be true?
In order for me to show you compassion, I need to be ok first? Ouch. 
So, if I'm comfortable, I can help You?! Otherwise, tough luck?
I just outed myself. Now... I need to do some work. 
That's how I will show compassion today. 
In my program of recovery, I am taught.  If I'm not the problem, there is no solution. 
I desire to be in the light and the love: to be the solution, the compassion. Peace Out. Colleen.
************

The Ride (Jean Berry)

The process of letting go of something that you really care about is never easy. I started just such a process last evening. 
A variety of emotions keep the ride interesting. Holding on seems safest; but with this kind of ride, the comfort comes in peeling your fingers off the bar slowly, one at a time, letting the wind whip threw your hair a few more times until the coaster comes to a complete stop. And then you marvel at what a good time you've had, how the people in the cars around you laughed and shared the fun, how new wisdom was born between the push off and the landing, how life has changed for the better. The ache heals, the energy shifts. 
No anger; just gratitude. On to the next ride!
***********

Note: Welcome to The Compassionary, Carol McCarthy. Your healing wisdom brings new life to all those you touch, with hands, oil, prayers or words. Love you!
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how lucky am I to wake up to the good thoughts of three good friends. Beautiful women, beautiful ideas. Love.

    ReplyDelete