Translate

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

At least, do no harm.

Good morning, Compassionate Bloggers.
I am a learning Luddite, so I texted my first contribution this morning.

I went to Webster and looked up Compassion : it is the understanding or empathy for the suffering of others, with a desire to alleviate it. Then I found tons of quotes by lots of famous folks. I had to calm down. There's time for more writing later.

For today, I try to get out of my selfish way to do God"s will. It is His will that requires me to show compassion in serving others, with acts big or small. It's the only way for me to move in any other direction than inward.

Of all the quotes I read this morning, this one stuck with me.
From Hippocrates:

Make a habit of two things: help others or at least do no harm.

Love yourself, too.
Peace.

Colleen Penquite, Waynesville, OH
My passion is Real Love & Light

**************************
My Reflection Point:

You know those people in your life who bring this incredible, coherent energy that just flat out jives with your own? A person so connected to the universe that she brings clarity with a simple phrase and a knowing laugh. Colleen is just such a person in my life. And I'm so grateful!

We met several years ago when I was referred to her salon for the best haircut in town. Not only did I get the best hairdoo, I gained a source of inspiration that has blessed my life immeasurably.

Colleen will be a regular contributor on this blog.

                                         ~Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment