Translate

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Compassionate Colleen

Good morning. I am trying to be compassionate with myself . My tendencies when it comes to just about most things in Life that push back at me, is to give up ! Well I'll just be damned if this IPhone is going to kick my ass, so here I go again. 

If I'm doing no harm, am I doing OK ? What does that really mean to this selfish girl who wants you to think she's all that . If I am who I tell you I am, well I think it's a lie. I've been lying to you. I am sorry. I look at you, and I judge you. I decide who you are, I judge you for the way you look. I do harm.  What this writing has done for me  is to send you some love, maybe a prayer of compassion. And today I tried a little harder to share your burdens. I hope I helped a little, or at least did you no harm. 

Here we are on Fat Tuesday! Honestly, if not for this compassionate seed that is embedding itself in my head and heart, I would not have given a King Cake much thought. To party, eat or drink what you are going to abstain from for the six weeks of Lent - that leads to The Passion Of Christ - In compassion, we share in the suffering .  Some how I think the cake will taste a little different today. 

Happy Fat Tuesday! 

Peace Out. Colleen


**********************
My Reflection Point

This re-occurring contribution from Colleen Penquite will be titled Compassionate Colleen. Her process for sharing thoughts on compassion is so real, so genuine - almost poetry in the moments. Read her every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment