Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Compassionate Colleen

I'm writing on the 2nd day of Lent.

Yesterday my husband Glen and I went to see The Dead Sea Scroll Exhibit!  

Life and Faith in Ancient Times

Wow!  I was able to write my prayers , and put them in a simulated Wailing Wall that will go to Israel to be placed in the real wall. I felt so One World. 

Our Prayers, our Commandments, Our Scripture, our God. We have this amazing commonality that we share. We suffer as one. We share Love as one. 

I do believe that in this Lenten Season, 
my prayer is to share in your suffering.  
I do this today with my prayers that will 
go to The Wailing Wall - for You.  

Peace and Love , Colleen








______________________________________________

My Reflection Point:

During Lent in the Christian tradition, many Faithful choose to give up something during the season, in solidarity with Jesus who ultimately gave up His life for us. This thing that one gives up for 40 days is typically something difficult to do without, so to be together with Jesus in suffering. We imitate the Holy. We suffer, too. For those who find this significant, it's a beautiful devotion. A "walking along side" that has powerful spiritual connection.

Colleen's gift of prayer, her acknowledgement of "One World" is a lovely example of giving up something - a meaningful example. She is giving up self-serving and replacing it with the generosity of praying for others. Not just folks she knows, but folks in general. The great We Are - knowing that suffering is a tie that binds us and ultimately frees us. 

This gesture resonates in the human family: one of our own, taking the time to write prayers for her sisters and brothers, sending them through ancient ritual, through spiritual time travel, to the Place that knows no separation!

May we all give up part of ourselves to assume parts of All Others. Holy Community: Hear our Prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment